Agreement Between User and networkwithatwist.org
The networkwithatwist.org website (the “Site”) is comprised of various web pages operated by Network with a twist, Inc. (“NWAT” or the ”Company”). Protecting your private information is our priority. This Statement of Privacy applies to networkwithatwist.org and NWAT and governs data collection and usage. networkwithatwist.org is an E-commerce Site. By using the Site, you consent to the data practices described in this statement. Please read them carefully.
Collection of Your Personal Information
NWAT gathers two basic types of information through the Site: “Non-Personally Identifiable Information” (or “Non-PII”) and “Personally Identifiable Information” (or “PII”). Non-PII is aggregated information, demographic information, IP addresses and any other information that does not reveal your specific identity. PII is information that identifies or can identify you as an individual (such as residential address, telephone number, or billing information).
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: When you visit and interact with the Site, NWAT and third parties with whom we have contracted to provide services to us may collect Non-PII (for example, a catalog of the Site pages you visit). Non-PII is anonymous and does not identify you personally. Non-PII is generally collected through the Site from four different sources: Internet protocol addresses and web logs; cookies; pixel tags and other similar technologies; and other Non-PII that you voluntarily provide (as explained below).
- IP Protocol Addresses and Web Logs – This Site’s web servers automatically collect the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and log files of visitors. Your IP address is an identifying number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Site, along with the time(s) of your visit(s) and the page(s) that you visited. This information is collected in an aggregate form only and does not contain any PII. We use your IP address, and the IP addresses of all users, for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose problems with the Site’s servers, and administering the Site. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites.
- Pixel Tags – We and our service providers may also use so-called “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs” or similar means (collectively, “Pixel Tags”) in connection with some Site pages and HTML-formatted email messages to, among other things, compile aggregate statistics about Site usage and response rates. A Pixel Tag is an electronic image, often a single pixel (1×1), that is ordinarily not visible to Site visitors and may be associated with cookies on the visitors’ hard drives. Pixel Tags do not contain any PII and allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Site, to deliver branded services, and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, Pixel Tags can tell the sender whether and when an email has been opened.
- Information You Voluntarily Provide – We may also collect certain information (e.g., your geographic location, your genre preferences etc.) when you voluntarily provide such information to us. When such information is not combined with any PII, such information is considered to be Non-PII, as it does not personally identify you or any other user. Additionally, we may aggregate PII in a manner such that the end-product does not personally identify you or any other user of the Site, for example, by using PII to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code. Such aggregate information is considered Non-PII for purposes of this Policy.
2.Personally Identifiable Information: You may use many features of this Site without providing any PII. However, in order to take advantage of particular opportunities made available through the Site (for example, to access additional services provided by this Site such as event registration, event updates, chat room forums and/or personalized content) we may require that you furnish PII to us such as: your name, postal address, telephone number, fax number email address, age, gender, credit card number or other payment account number and health-related information (for example, physically disabled seating requests). Please keep in mind that you may also be providing PII when you submit comments through chat rooms, forums, message boards or news groups, although we do not collect or use PII from these sources. We collect PII from you through the Site only when you voluntarily provide it. When you provide PII, the information may be sent to and stored on servers located in the United States of America.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through NWAT’s public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others.
NWAT encourages you to review the privacy statements of Sites you choose to link to from NWAT so that you can understand how those Sites collect, use and share your information. NWAT is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on Sites outside of the NWAT Site.
Use of Your Personal Information
NWAT collects and uses your personal information to operate its Site(s) and deliver the services you have requested. NWAT uses your information to help enforce compliance with our Terms and Conditions and applicable law. NWAT is committed to protecting the rights and safety of our employees and others. NWAT does not sell customer lists to third parties but may allow NWAT sponsors to submit offers to NWAT members and guests.
1.Non-Personally Identifiable Information: Because Non-PII does not personally identify you, we may use such information for any purpose. For example, we may use Non-PII to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the Site and pages viewed as well as to diagnose problems with our servers and to administer the Site. We may then use this information to analyze and improve the features and functionality of this Site. We may use non-PII information about you and other Site visitors on an aggregate basis to sell and deliver advertising, promotions and content that we believe will be of interest to you. NWAT reserves the right to share such Non-PII, which does not personally identify you, with third parties, for any purpose.
2.Personally Indentifiable Information
- Site: We may use PII you give us to better tailor your website and event experience to your interests, and to show you content in which you may be interested and to display the content according to your preferences. Your PII may also be shared among trusted third parties who assist us in administering our services and events. To the extent we do so, we make sure that your PII receives the same level of protection. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to NWAT, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
- Communications: If you choose to opt-in, we may use your PII to send you information about NWAT and its services as well as promotional material on behalf of some of our affiliates, vendors or advertisers. If at any time you change your mind and prefer to no longer receive such marketing communications from us, please see the “Opt-Out & Unsubscribe Policy” section below.
- Facilitation of Transactions: Please note that, at times, forms on the Site may be pre-populated with your PII in order to facilitate a transaction between you and NWAT.
- e.Internal Business Purposes: We may also use your PII for our internal business purposes, such as to target advertising, for data analysis, for audits and for other internal purposes.
- Commerical Services: This Site offers ticket purchase services, which may be offered by us. When you use these ticket purchase services, we will be collecting and using the PII you provide. To the extent NWAT is the entity offering the purchasing services, when you make a purchase through the Site, we may collect your credit card number or other payment account number (for example, your PayPal account number), billing address and other information related to such purchase (collectively, “Payment Information”) from you. We will use the Payment Information that you provide to bill you for your purchase and to fulfill your purchase. By providing your Payment Information, you are authorizing us to give that information to third parties as necessary to confirm and fulfill your order (for example, to process your credit card or payment account number and to send you tickets you have ordered).
- Third Party Emails: The Site may allow you to forward certain items posted on Site or links to Site features by email to other parties who you believe may be interested. If you wish to use this feature, you may provide us with such other party’s email address so that we can facilitate your sending of such message to such other party. To do so, any PII you provide in connection with sending such other party the message, such as your name and your email address will, of course, be disclosed to such other party. While, due to technical restrictions, the recipient’s email address may be retained in our log files, we do not knowingly share it with third parties and we do not use this PII for any purpose except to send this message (unless the recipient has already consented to such use of his/her PII).
In some instances, we may combine Non-PII with PII (such as embedding email addresses in cookies). If we do combine any Non-PII with PII, the combined information will be treated as PII as long as it is so combined. This “combined” PII is not shared with third parties, except as described in this Policy.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
NWAT will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on NWAT or the Site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of NWAT; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of NWAT, or the public.
Security of Your Personal Information
When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other Sites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
Children under Thirteen
NWAT does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this Site.
Disconnecting your NWAT Account from Third Party Sites
You will be able to connect your NWAT account to third party accounts. BY CONNECTING YOUR NWAT ACCOUNT TO YOUR THIRD PARTY ACCOUNT, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE CONSENTING TO THE CONTINUOUS RELEASE OF INFORMATION ABOUT YOU TO OTHERS (IN ACCORDANCE WITH YOUR PRIVACY SETTINGS ON THOSE THIRD PARTY SITES). IF YOU DO NOT WANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU, INCLUDING PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION, TO BE SHARED IN THIS MANNER, DO NOT USE THE THIS FEATURE. You may disconnect your account from a third party account at any time. Users may learn how to disconnect their accounts from third-party Sites by visiting their “My Account” page..
Opt-Out & Unsubscribe
We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving announcements of certain information. Users may opt-out of receiving any or all communications from NWAT by contacting us here:
• Web page: networkwithatwist.org
• Email: email@example.com
Accessing, Updating or Deleting Information Collected
This Site gives you the opportunity to modify or remove PII that you have provided to us by way of this Site. You may do so by modifying your password-protected registered user information on the Site. The to extent that such information is stored in our databases, we will respond to your changes as soon as reasonably possible, although please understand that although this information, once deleted, is not available on the Site, that information may remain stored indefinitely in our back up and achival records. To the extent that such information is not stored in our databases, we cannot always ensure that these corrections or deletions will reach such other databases in a timely manner. NWAT retains PII for as long as reasonably necessary to deliver services for which the PII was provided.
Changes to this Statement
NWAT will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. NWAT encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how NWAT is protecting your information.
NWAT welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that NWAT has not adhered to this Statement, please contact NWAT at:
Network with a twist,
Effective as of November 14, 2015